Saturday, December 23, 2006
Consider Your Ways: Question 30
What's the most important new item you want to buy this year?

For my spiritual growth, I have decided to buy the Bible on CD to allow me listen to God's word while driving to and from work. A friend has bought Max Maclean's reading of the English Standard Version and really recommended it as a way to know the Bible better.

On a more frivolous note, I have finally invested in a digital camera, especially after being reprimanded by Jonny and Amanda for not owning one! I owned my first camera when I was about 5. It was a blue Fisher Price camera that took 110 film and had a hole at the top where real flash bulbs (which could only be used once) fitted. You'll see in the photo that it even had rubber-covered ends to stop it breaking when dropped. Sadly, I don't know what happened to mine, but I don't think I was a particularly gifted photographer as a child.

I bought my next and last camera the same year I started university. It uses film and has served me well. (My mother likes to tell me, "Your camera always takes good pictures!") However, after three years of saying I wanted to get a digital SLR, I have finally (literally, in the last few days) got round to it! To celebrate, I taken a photo of where my Wise Men have travelled after friends visited a few days ago! I'll be taking a lot more photos in the days to come and, as they are much easier to transfer on to the computer than film photos, I look forward to sharing them.

She considers a field and buys it;
with the fruit of her hands she plants a vineyard.

Proverbs 31:16

Labels: , , ,


  posted at 10:35  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 23 December, 2006 19:18, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! You have a digital camera! I love mine. The ease of taking pictures and immediately having them on your computer is great! No having to scan anything in, etc. Ha, I sound like an infomercial :)

About Max McLean. I love his voice. A Christian hip hop group I listen to, Christcentric, actually uses him a lot on their songs. I was looking into the Listeners Bible last week. I may invest in that in a few weeks. We'll see what my finances say.

Have a wonderful weekend, sis!

Christ alone,
Jenn

 
At 23 December, 2006 21:23, Blogger Jonny said...

Well done on the new camera. I used to have a old SLR and scan photos at the library onto floppy disk. But that was many years ago.

 
At 25 December, 2006 16:34, Blogger Allison said...

Merry CHRISTmas!

 
At 26 December, 2006 22:38, Blogger Keziah said...

I have been taking so many photos! It really is exciting not having to wait very long at all to see them and to work out if they are any good. (Was that when floppy discs were the size of dinner plates, Jonny?) ;-)

However, having tried to take photos of the magpies in the garden yesterday, I think I need to accept I'm not going to have a career in nature photography anytime soon!

Let me know what you think of the Listener's Bible if you get it. Mine is being shipped from the States so I am still waiting patiently.

 
At 29 December, 2006 03:06, Blogger Sherrin said...

I am glad you have bought yourself a digital camera. I have endless fun with mine! There can be a few hassles at first with working out how to get the pictures transferred from camera to computer and computer to card or memory stick in order to print them . . . but it is still lots of fun! My biggest problem with it is the time it takes up to organise those hundreds (now nearly 2,000) pictures!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    Consider Your Ways: Question 29
    Walking in the Air - Scottish Style
    He has Made Everything Beautiful
    Beauty of Salvation: May We Shout for Joy!
    Consider Your Ways: Question 28
    Psalms and Hymns and Spiritual Songs
    Wisdom of the Wise: George Herbert
    100 Things for my 100th Post
    Consider Your Ways: Question 27
    Consider Your Ways: Question 26

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random