Tuesday, November 07, 2006
Every Good Gift and Every Perfect Gift
Ann Voskamp of The Holy Experience of Listening has written a wonderful post at Christian Women Online about being thankful for all the wonderful gifts we receive from God. It has made me think of everything that I can so easily take for granted. This (seemingly random) list doesn't even scrape the surface...

  1. The roof over my head, protecting me from the rain as I write
  2. Double glazing protecting me from the wind and rain
  3. The computer that I'm writing on right now
  4. Warmth from the central heating
  5. An abundance of food in the kitchen
  6. Clean fresh drinking water
  7. Hot water on tap
  8. That I am on my side of the doctor's desk rather than being a patient
  9. The joy of treating someone and making them better
  10. The honour of sharing in people's lives through joys and struggles
  11. Having a job to go to every day
  12. Having a job that I love
  13. Christian senior and junior colleagues
  14. A Bible-believing, Bible-teaching church
  15. God's mercy in bringing me to faith while attending a liberal church where the minister did not believe the Bible!
  16. The family of believers
  17. Friends in the real world
  18. Friends in the blogging world
  19. Having my own Bible
  20. Owning several Bibles in different translations when millions in the world do not even have the Gospels in their own language
  21. A wonderful Bible study group of godly young women wanting to pursue womanhood the way God intended
  22. Being able to meet freely in church and in our homes for Bible study, prayer and fellowship
  23. Godly older women willing to mentor and encourage me
  24. The gift of singing
  25. Psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with which to praise and worship God
  26. Literacy to read the Bible and other good books
  27. My little sister and for the close friendship we have developed over the last year after many years of bickering
  28. My other little sister who has fallen away right now but who, I believe, is a Christian
  29. My little brother who still gives me hugs and kisses even at the age of 13!
  30. My dad who has done so much for me and who has made my mum so happy
  31. My mum for bringing me up in a difficult situation and for the real friendship we share
  32. The experience of growing up in an non-Christian family
  33. God's grace in bringing both of my parents to him through the preaching of a godly minster
  34. The joy of now sharing in Christian fellowship with my parents
  35. The time to sit and think about these things
  36. The pre-school Sunday school and all their enthusiasm and questions
  37. Email and the Internet so I can keep in touch with friends all over the world
  38. The hospitality of a wonderful woman in welcoming me into her family home
  39. The safe delivery of a new baby today after my friend's sister had a 55 hour labour
  40. The death of a dear saint this morning, knowing that she is now in glory with Christ
  41. Music and the skill of musicians
  42. Cameras to capture moments of life forever
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
James 1:17

Labels:


  posted at 11:26  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 11 November, 2006 01:06, Blogger Sherrin said...

Great post, Kristy! Did you submit it to The Renewed Day by Day "Thursdays of Thankfulness". Lydia is hosting this every week now, and your post would be perfect! Renewed Day by Day is linked to on my sidebar. Susan at "An Old Fashioned Girl" has been participating, and I would also like to soon.

 
At 22 August, 2018 02:02, Blogger qqqqqq said...

0822jejeIl est devenu basket nike air jordan 8 retro évident à la fin de la Première Guerre mondiale qu'un asics chaussures trail running gel fuji trabuco nouveau design de couteau était nécessaire pour répondre aux exigences chaussure nike air presto bleu de combat non seulement de quartier-fermé, mais aussi de nike air jordan spizike pas cher polyvalence d'utilisation. La magnificence de Paris, son nike air homme jordan architecture font le travail, les œuvres d'art, les monuments, air jordan 11 retro low prix les musées, l'histoire et la culture présente chaussure nike homme air à chaque visiteur une connaissance précieuse. L'empeigne synthétique donne un support solide.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    Consider Your Ways: Question 18
    Wisdom of the Wise: Brother Lawrence
    Consider Your Ways: Question 17
    Wisdom of the Wise: Robert Murray McCheyne
    Fall Into Reading
    Justified by Faith in Christ
    Consider Your Ways: Question 16
    Be Strong and Courageous!
    The Beauty of Fire: You Shall Not be Burned
    What If? Thought Experiments

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random