Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Fall Into Reading
Continuing my reintroduction into society and normal life after that exam, I am going to make a late contribution to the Fall Into Reading challenge set by Katrina of Callapidder Days. She started it to encourage people in their personal and family reading, with the built-in accountability of sharing these goals with others. It's been running since the 23rd September but I've got until the 21st December to read my books. After pottering around my house looking for those half-read or abandoned books, here is what I found!

"Cloud Atlas" by David Mitchell
A friend gave this to me as a birthday present and told me she had loved it. It has been sitting on my book shelf for months however, so hopefully this will be the impetus to read it. I hope it is worth it!






"The Fellowship of the Ring" by J R R Tolkien
Of course I have read this before - it is an absolute classic and if you haven't read it, you should! I just found it while wandering around my house looking at bookshelves and realised that I hadn't read this since I saw the Lord of the Rings films years ago.




"Taken by Communion" by Dan Schmidt
This was in the Bargain Basement of my local Christian bookstore. I haven't read it yet, so I am not sure if that was for good reason or not! The blurb on the back says that Schmidt "offers a refreshing perspective on the Lord's Supper...Discover what happens when you are taken by communions - when the one who longs to love us draws hear." I'll let you know how I get on.

"The Cost of Discipleship" by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Currently this just sits on the bookshelf looking impressive. I really should get round to reading it.








"The Rich Single Life" by Andrew Farmer
This has been sitting in my Favourites column of my web browser (it's an online book) since the beginning of August! Eek!

Labels: ,


  posted at 08:30  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 04 November, 2006 00:20, Blogger Linda said...

I'm doing the Fll Reading too. It's been a real incentive to get back to serious reading. Your books look great. Believe it or not I've never read Lord of the Rings. I'll have to do that soon I think.
Thanks so much for your comment and your prayers. Much appreciated.

 
At 07 November, 2006 18:32, Blogger Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Hi - just wanted to stop by and thank you for joining in the challenge! It looks like you have some good books on your list. I remember reading The Cost of Discipleship years ago - it gave me so much to think about.

Enjoy your reading!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    Justified by Faith in Christ
    Consider Your Ways: Question 16
    Be Strong and Courageous!
    The Beauty of Fire: You Shall Not be Burned
    What If? Thought Experiments
    Wisdom of the Wise: Bishop J C Ryle
    Consider Your Ways: Question 15
    Wisdom of the Wise: My First Meme
    Consider Your Ways: Question 14
    Consider Your Ways: Question 13

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random