Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Consider Your Ways: Question 27
What's the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your commute this year?

I have to leave the house over 2 hours before starting work to make it on time. I work in a different city to where I live, but have not been keen to move there. Partly that's because my contract there is only for a year and thereafter I don't where in the country I will be. The main reason is though that I love my church because of the preaching and my church family there. So it looks like the lengthy commute will continue...!

Sometimes I drive up, which is now getting a little more stressful with the icier mornings and the scary drivers who come right up behind me before overtaking. It does however give me a good opportunity to listen to the news on the radio, although I have worryingly become a big fan of the Archers, BBC Radio 4's gentle agricultural drama aimed at middle class middle-aged and elderly people! I have decided to improve my journey though by listening to the Bible on CD. Friends have recommended it to me and then I found a good article about listening to an Audio Bible from Occupied with the Word. I'll let you know how I get on.

Other days, I take the train. This means getting up earlier, which, with the dark mornings, currently feels like getting up in the middle of night! I like the chance to get a cup of tea on the train (very important for waking up purposes!) and the time to read and pray undisturbed - aside from the fact that if you have a Bible open on your lap, no-one else will sit next to you!

So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
Romans 10:17

Labels: ,


  posted at 06:15  
  0 comments



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    Consider Your Ways: Question 26
    He will Sustain You
    Wisdom of the Wise: Ebenezer Erskine
    Behold, the Days are Coming!
    Beauty of Reaching Out: Bearing with One Another
    Consider Your Ways: Question 25
    O come, O come, Emmanuel!
    How can a Young Man Keep his Way Pure?
    A Fisher of Men
    Consider Your Ways: Question 24

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random