Monday, February 26, 2007
When the Bow is in the Clouds
My internet connection has been playing up all day and crashing at regular intervals, so the lengthy post that I had written about the talks from the church weekend away on Jesus as Priest, Prophet and King will have to be rewritten for tomorrow.

I just wanted to let you know that after all the stress of filling in those job applications, the results of shortlisting came out today. I have interviews for all four areas where I applied: Scotland, Newcastle (because it's close to the border!), Oxford and Cambridge!

The interviews are spread over a month and start in a few weeks, giving me time to find a suit to wear! After talking about my carbon footprint, I'll be flying across the country so much over the next few weeks, getting to interviews then getting back here to start work.

While driving to work this morning, getting more and more nervous to know the results which were published at 9am, I saw a rainbow in the sky and it brought me to prayer. It reminded me that God really is in control of everything, including those consultants and that computer. He is sovereign over everything and has promised that nothing can overcome us. His plans stand for ever to all generations. He will not forget his covenant with us so, whatever happens with jobs, I know I have rest and security in this. Thank you all for your continued prayers and encouragement!

When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.
Genesis 9:16

Labels: ,


  posted at 22:32  
  5 comments



5 Comments:
At 27 February, 2007 01:30, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done on all the interviews! It will be exciting to see where you end up. Although...Keziah...I did tell you to apply for Australia... ;)

Btw, I'd love to hear more about your upcoming trip to Morocco!!

 
At 27 February, 2007 13:34, Blogger ashley said...

Wow thanks for this reminder! I hope you do well on all your interviews!!

 
At 28 February, 2007 02:47, Blogger Linda said...

These are exciting days for you Kezia. I will be praying for you. I was just reading Psalm 139 this afternoon. All your days are written in the book. He has a wonderful plan, and He is most definitely in control. I can't wait to see what He will do.

 
At 01 March, 2007 16:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool! I'll be praying for you.

Yes, indeed, Keziah, you are in the palm of His hand!

 
At 03 March, 2007 17:26, Blogger Keziah said...

Kristy - This was in the news here a few days ago. Do you think I should go for it???

Outback appeal to attract medics

I'm on nights this week, so should be able to find time to tell you all about Morocco! I am so excited about it.

Ashley - I did feel like it was a rather firm gentle nudge to remind me to trust in God! I'll let you know how the interviews go.

Linda - thank you so much for your continued prayers for me! They are so precious to me.

Susan - thank you for the reminder too. It is exciting to see how God is working through this. May he be glorified by whatever happens!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    Doctor, Doctor - My son has swallowed a roll of film!
    Be Prepared
    Fast and Feast in Lent
    Beauty of Isaiah: A Day Acceptable to the Lord
    The Earth is the Lord's
    Fill the Earth and Subdue it
    Work Heartily!
    Love on through Love's Eternity
    Declare his Glory among the Nations (6)
    Declare his Glory among the Nations (5)

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random