Friday, February 23, 2007
Doctor, Doctor - My son has swallowed a roll of film!
I'm going to my congregation's trip away this weekend, so am still ironing and packing my clothes! I wondered then if I could share some of the websites I've found useful over the last wee while. There is a definite medical bias (which Jeanine might appreciate even if no-one else does!), but I have picked sites that I think everyone might find interesting to visit.

I am heavily involved in teaching our medical students and like to intersperse my teaching with the history of medicine. I think you learn and remember more if there are interesting stories rather than just dry facts. Find out who Dr Asperger, Dr Parkinson and Dr Raynaud were at WhoNamedIt.com or learn more about the medical discoveries that have won the Nobel Prize.

Play at being a doctor at ER-SIM, MDchoice.com, the Interactive Patient or Trauma.org. Listen to normal and abnormal hearts, then visit some cardiology patients. Learn to make diagnoses from X-rays. If you don't manage to save them, you could always do a Virtual Autopsy and work out how you killed them!

Hmm, let's hope nothing develops!

Labels:


  posted at 17:56  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 26 February, 2007 14:08, Blogger Jeanine said...

I'll definitely have to check some of those sites out. Thanks!

 
At 01 March, 2007 12:15, Blogger Jonny said...

ha ha. You said wee.

 
At 03 March, 2007 17:21, Blogger Keziah said...

Jeanine - I hope you have fun with them!

Jonny - I always say "wee". I am Scottish, I speak Scots! I try not to use local words here but I thought everyone would get that?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    Be Prepared
    Fast and Feast in Lent
    Beauty of Isaiah: A Day Acceptable to the Lord
    The Earth is the Lord's
    Fill the Earth and Subdue it
    Work Heartily!
    Love on through Love's Eternity
    Declare his Glory among the Nations (6)
    Declare his Glory among the Nations (5)
    Declare his Glory among the Nations (4)

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random