Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Fast and Feast in Lent
A friend gave me a card with this a few years ago. I think she found it on the internet, but I am not sure from where it originally came. Whatever your thoughts on Lent, I think it gives a lot to think about at any time of year.

• Fast from judging others; feast on the Christ dwelling in them.
• Fast from emphasis on differences; feast on the unity of life.
• Fast from apparent darkness; feast on the reality of light.
• Fast from thoughts of illness; feast on the healing power of God.
• Fast from words that pollute; feast on phrases that purify.
• Fast from discontent; feast on gratitude.
• Fast from anger; feast on patience.
• Fast from pessimism; feast on optimism.
• Fast from worry; feast on divine order.
• Fast from complaining; feast on appreciation.
• Fast from negatives; feast on affirmatives.
• Fast from unrelenting pressures; feast on unceasing prayer.
• Fast from hostility; feast on non-resistance.
• Fast from bitterness; feast on forgiveness.
• Fast from self-concern; feast on compassion for others.
• Fast from personal anxiety; feast on eternal truth.
• Fast from discouragements; feast on hope.
• Fast from facts that depress; feast on verities that uplift.
• Fast from lethargy; feast on enthusiasm.
• Fast from thoughts that weaken; feast on promises that inspire.
• Fast from shadows of sorrow; feast on the sunlight of serenity.
• Fast from idle gossip; feast on purposeful silence.
• Fast from problems that overwhelm; feast on prayer that undergirds.

Labels: ,


  posted at 21:08  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 22 February, 2007 04:38, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm, 'nice' little reminder there...

 
At 23 February, 2007 02:14, Anonymous Anonymous said...

gdGreat post. This is my first time to celebrate Lent so I appreciate this list.

 
At 24 February, 2007 09:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for that. I think I'll print that out for myself :)

 
At 03 March, 2007 17:31, Blogger Keziah said...

I'm glad you've all appreciated it. I'm certainly finding it very helpful. If anyone finds out where it came from, please let me know so I can credit them properly.

 
At 03 March, 2007 22:47, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That is something. Might be needing to copy that out in my journal,...and maybe keeping a copy in my bible....and maybe tacking it on every vertical surface in my house to keep my mind focused on things above! Much appreciated! I really enjoy your blog.

 
At 07 March, 2007 19:47, Blogger Jess Connell said...

Interesting list.

I found you throgh the blog party, and I'm glad I did- I've enjoyed looking around your blog.

Blessings!

 
At 07 April, 2020 09:01, Blogger Darren Demers said...

Wow. That is something. Might be needing to copy that out in my journal,...and maybe keeping a copy in my bible....and maybe tacking it on every vertical surface in my house to keep my mind focused on things above! Much appreciated! I really enjoy your blog. bed sheets , comforter sets , gul ahmed bed sheets , bridal bed set , quilted bedspreads , cotton mattress near me , winter blanket , vicky razai , sofa cover set , buy pakistani lawn suits online

 
At 07 July, 2020 15:14, Blogger gem1musi said...


آهنگ سالگرد ازدواج
دانلود آهنگ های شاد تالار عروسی
دانلود آهنگ جدید خواننده های معروف ایرانی
آهنگ های میلاد قربانی
دانلود آهنگ کره ای
دانلود آهنگ بلوچی
آهنگ تولدت مبارک رفیق
آهنگ های رضا مریدی
آهنگ لاتی

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    Beauty of Isaiah: A Day Acceptable to the Lord
    The Earth is the Lord's
    Fill the Earth and Subdue it
    Work Heartily!
    Love on through Love's Eternity
    Declare his Glory among the Nations (6)
    Declare his Glory among the Nations (5)
    Declare his Glory among the Nations (4)
    Declare his Glory among the Nations (3)
    Declare his Glory among the Nations (2)

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random