Monday, April 02, 2007
Why are you Anxious?
This is just a quick visit to say that I will not be around this week. I fly down to Oxford tomorrow for an interview there on Wednesday. The interview for the whole of Scotland on Friday was fine but not outstanding. Maybe it is time to leave Scotland having lived here for almost 27 years now. I think I would quite like being close to London too, rather than hidden away in the Highlands! I know I have said this before, but I just think it is wonderful to know that God already knows where I am going to be and has his plans and perfect will set out for me. It is certainly something to take comfort in during a very unsettling time. As ever, I value your prayers!

On Thursday, I am off to a wedding where a Mr Macdonald will marry a Miss MacDonald. (Note the subtle difference in their names that mean that she will need to change her name!) I am looking forward to a good ceilidh and plenty of kilts!

I will then be found for the rest of the weekend working away in the hospital. The hospital intranet has banned blogs, so I won't be able to post or read, but I can look forward to catching up with you all next week.

Finally, inspired by Lindsay of Enjoy the Journey, I'll leave you with some of the unusual, surprising, and sometimes disturbing searches that have led people here:
See you in a week!

And he said to his disciples, “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds! And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his span of life? If then you are not able to do as small a thing as that, why are you anxious about the rest?...For all the nations of the world seek after these things, and your Father knows that you need them. Instead, seek his kingdom, and these things will be added to you.
Luke 15:22-26,30-31

Labels:


  posted at 06:33  
  7 comments



7 Comments:
At 02 April, 2007 06:17, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great list! I wish I could do this for my blog, but I can't.

keziah and lord death - Who is Lord Death?

I think they mean Lord Peter Death Bredon Wimsey. It's pronunced "deeth", of course.

 
At 02 April, 2007 18:14, Blogger Susanna said...

Hello. I have been 'off air'for a while. It is wonderful to see your confidence in God as you approach these interviews. I hope that all the travelling goes well and that you have some good news in a bit :)

 
At 03 April, 2007 00:52, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha, those are funny! :)

All the best for your interview! Enjoy the wedding!

 
At 06 April, 2007 19:02, Blogger Keziah said...

John - thanks for the help. Still don't really see the connection, but maybe the next person searching for "Keziah and Lord Death" will explain now that I have been promoted to the first link on Google for it!

Susanna - it's slightly more edging towards hysteria rather than confidence, but I'm obviously putting up a good front! Thank you for your prayers. I should have news on the 8th of June...

Kristy - they did make me laugh every time there was another odd one! The interview was actually okay and Oxford is a lovely place, so I might end up there after all... I would be very happy to end up there and it would be a lovely place for people to come and visit (hint, hint?). The wedding was lovely - I'll get my photos for you soon.

 
At 16 April, 2007 06:10, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just saw your reply now (yeah, I'm slow). If I'm over your way, I'll come bother you, never fear! It would be cool to meet. :) You MUST, however, do the same!!

 
At 30 April, 2007 08:41, Blogger Sherrin said...

I haven't been keeping up with blogs, so I only just read this post! I love it! The ways people have found you are very funny! I looked at mine the other day and found some really odd ones. One of them was "Is having lots of kids a religious thing?" I googled that but couldn't find out how my blog got located as the site with the answer! I couldn't even find my blog as a link for that google search.

 
At 29 November, 2018 04:10, Blogger Cleaning houses said...

Foam insulation company in Dammam / Thermal insulation company in Riyadh / Dammam Cleaning Company / Transfer of Afash Medina / Moving furniture in Jeddah / An insect control company in Dammam / Insulation of roofs with the / Detection of water leaks in Makkah

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    To be Happy with his Wife
    How Many of Me?
    Carnival of Beauty: Being Made in God's Image
    Beauty of being Made in God's Image: After Our Lik...
    The LORD is our Righteousness
    Wisdom of the Wise: Alexander MacLaren
    Be as Careful of the Books you Read
    The Beauty of being Made in God's Image
    Holy, Holy, Holy
    Tolle Lege, Tolle Lege

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random