Thursday, March 15, 2007
Evensong and Engagements
While I don't wish to turn this blog into posts all about "a nice story about going to the supermarket then relating it back to a Christian theme", I've been away quite a bit this week, so there is quite a bit of news to tell you!

I spent Friday recording my first CD! We only sing unaccompanied psalms in my denomination, so a few years ago, the psalms were retranslated into more modern English than the 1650 Scottish Psalter. To help our precentors (who lead the singing) and the congregation learn to sing these, we are making a CD of these psalms. It was so exciting to hear the recording - it sounds like it was done in a proper studio when it was really done in a friend's living room with duvets hanging around me to muffle background noise! I'll let you know when it comes out...

On Saturday, my little sister got engaged to her boyfriend. They were always planning on getting married from before she became pregnant, but it is good that he's making an honest women of her! We used to fight so much, so it has been great to have become such great friends as adults. It was so touching when she asked me to be her bridesmaid.

I've been away the last few days for my first job interview down in Cambridge. My interview was first thing in the morning, so I had the evening before and the rest of the day to wander around admiring the university colleges. (I noticed that one of the churches held a Goth Eucharist every fortnight advertising that it included "candles, incense and contemporary music for goths"!) I went to Evensong at King's College and heard the world famous choir. The interview itself was fine - once they had found my application form!

Finally (and I hope that Sherrin will forgive me stealing her photo from the blog for this), congratulations to Dave and Sherrin on their engagement! It has been lovely to get to her and to see their relationship blossom.

Labels: , , ,


  posted at 12:14  
  8 comments



8 Comments:
At 15 March, 2007 16:36, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keziah,

I don't think I've ever been to visit your blog - but I have enjoyed reading back a few pages today! Thanks for introducing yourself!

 
At 15 March, 2007 19:05, Blogger Lori said...

Congrats on the CD, how exciting and love the picture of the baby...

 
At 15 March, 2007 21:12, Blogger Linda said...

That's exciting news about your sister. I'm glad you're growing closer.
You've had a busy few days. It must have been fun making the CD. We've made a few in our church - as part of the choir. It's such fun to listen to the finished product.
Have a good weekend.

 
At 15 March, 2007 22:55, Blogger Esther said...

Thanks for posting on my blog. To answer you question you had for me about the older sibling class....

I don't know what they do in the class. I"ll have to let you know. The class sounds fun from what I've heard from other folks, so I thought my youngest son would like to take it. He said he would like to take the class when I asked him about it ;o)

Thanks for checking out my blog ;o)
I like all the resources in the righthand column of your homepage on your blog.
Best wishes, Esther

 
At 15 March, 2007 23:18, Blogger Duchess of Fife said...

Congratulations to your sis! My sister and I fought a lot growing up too, but since we've grown we're the best of friends - this gives me hope for my daughters ;)

I'd love to hear that cd when it comes out. Colin and I miss the psalms since we've moved. It's very hard to find a regulative principle church in our neck of the woods.

Blessings,Emily

 
At 16 March, 2007 04:43, Blogger Donnetta said...

Happy news all around! :-)

 
At 19 March, 2007 05:45, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, exciting stuff!!

How is it that I didn't see the engagement notice on Sherrin's blog?! *scratching head* You happen to be the bearer of that news for me. :)

 
At 21 March, 2007 22:26, Blogger Keziah said...

Holly - thanks for coming by and saying hello!

Laurel Wreath - isn't the picture amazing! It is just so clear. She is beginning to feel the baby move too, so that's exciting.

Linda - it has been wonderful how my sister and I have grown together over the last few years, even if I still find it strange to work with her when I visit patients on her ward!

Esther - let me know how those classes go. For others visiting, Esther has a very interesting blog talking about her adventures in adoption. They have to take preparation courses as a family, with even a course for older children to prepare them for the arrival of a new brother or sister.

Duchess of Fife - I will definitely let you know about the CD when it comes out, if only to let you get a little bit of psalm singing in! I am not sure if I agree with the regulative principle in its entirety, but I think there is such wealth in singing the psalms.

Momrn2 - Always good to have you drop by. Will go and visit you in just a second...

Kristy - Sherrin has taken a sabbatical from the blog during Lent, so I actually found out from Mike Jolly's blog. We will just have to wait a few more weeks to get the whole story!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    Wisdom of the Wise: Elisabeth Elliot
    Is Someone Trying to Tell Me Something?!
    Earnestly Desire the Spiritual Gifts
    Mangling Medical Careers
    My Visual DNA
    5. Are there more Gods than one?
    Desperately Seeking Doctors
    The Ultimate Blog Party!
    Transgressions...Inquity...Sin
    The Propitiation of our Sins

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random