Thursday, January 04, 2007
A Heritage from the Lord
I've got some news I've wanted to share with you for a few weeks: my little sister is pregnant!

pregnancy week by week

Admittedly, she is not as little as I think she is. In my head, she is about 14 and still at school, but is really 23 and a great nurse. (Sometimes I come to review diabetic patients on her ward. It's a bit weird doing a ward round with her, but she really is one of the best nurses I deal with.)

We are only two and a half years apart and, until we both left home, used to fight like cat and dog. I remember the day she was born, but probably only because I was very upset to have lost my little red Porsche when we visited them in the hospital! She still brings up in arguments that I bit her when she was just a few weeks old!

Thankfully, things have changed a lot since then and we have become such good friends. She thinks I am in some sort of religious cult because I don't just leave religion for Sundays, but equally enjoys coming to church with me and meeting all my friends when she visits. I am honoured to have been the first to know she was pregnant two minutes after she had taken the test.

They have only been going out with each other for about six months and living together for the last three months, so there is concern for them all mixed in with all the excitement. If you have just a little time as you visit here, please pray for her, her unborn baby and her boyfriend.

Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD,
the fruit of the womb a reward.

Psalm 127:3

Labels:


  posted at 06:41  
  9 comments



9 Comments:
At 04 January, 2007 06:56, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations that you get to be an aunt...that is the best thing ever, believe me! :)

 
At 04 January, 2007 12:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bit my little sister when she was just a few weeks old too. ;)

Will be praying for you and sister and the one being formed in the Maker's workshop of the womb.

 
At 04 January, 2007 19:39, Blogger Susanna said...

You know what? My little sister, who is a nurse and 2 1/2 years (plus a bit) younger than me is also pregnant! She is due in March though so a bit ahead of your sister. Baby sister having babies.......does that mean we are getting old? !

 
At 04 January, 2007 21:11, Blogger Keziah said...

It is a bit scary that I am old enough for my little sister to be having babies! Thanks for all the congratulations and prayers! (I think I will have to break my no-photos-incase-I-get-a-stalker rule when the baby arrives!)

 
At 05 January, 2007 01:31, Blogger Jessie said...

Congratulations and prayers for you all!

 
At 05 January, 2007 04:04, Blogger Linda said...

I will be praying for all of you. It is wonderful to have that special relationship with a sister. I have a little sister too. We are both grandmothers now, but she will always be my little sister.
I pray all will be well for her and her baby and that in and through this she will draw close to the Lord.

 
At 05 January, 2007 16:24, Blogger Allison said...

Congrats to you and your family. I will be praying that things work out according to His amazing will :)

 
At 06 January, 2007 04:26, Blogger Donnetta said...

Congrats and praying as it comes to mind! Keep us posted on how things are going!

 
At 06 January, 2007 14:02, Blogger Keziah said...

Thank you again for everything. Things were a little touch and go with a lot of bleeding at the start, but have now settled down. She is feeling incredibly nauseated which we are actually very pleased about and are seeing as a good sign!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    You Know it Altogether
    Press On Toward the Goal
    Happy New Year!
    He Humbled Himself
    Not by Bread Alone
    Consider Your Ways: Question 31
    Carnival of Beauty: the Beauty of Solitude
    Beauty of Solitude: Keep Silence Before Him
    O Come, All Ye Faithful
    Consider Your Ways: Question 30

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random