Friday, November 17, 2006
Consider Your Ways: Question 21
What one thing do you most regret about last year, and what will you do about it this year?

Aargh! There are so many things. I hope you don't mind if I share them all with you all. I think it is important though that we confess our sins to one another so that we can be accountable to others in our repentance. I have a couple of close friends with whom I can share everything - their rebuke, encouragement, challenge and guidance is so important to me. I hope that people reading this have people in their life who can do this for them. I suppose it is a further example of the Titus 2 relationship between younger and older women.

As for doing something about it, I am trying day by day to turn away from sin and to set my eyes on Jesus and his teachings and example. I hope that I can show here that I am looking purposefully at what and where I need to change. I look forward to seeing what God has done in my life and how he has worked in me, until that day in glory, when we are made perfect in Christ.

Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper,
but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy.

Proverbs 28:13

Labels: ,


  posted at 10:47  
  2 comments



2 Comments:
At 19 November, 2006 19:22, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sis,

Transparency is definitely needed in the Body of Christ. I think that too often, we try to put on facades, but being transparent lets others know that THEY aren't the only ones feeling that way. I think sometimes we feel alone in this walk when it comes to people because we think others can't relate. Transparency is a beautiful thing that helps to solve that problem. It's also awesome seeing your brothers and sisters grow.

 
At 21 November, 2006 17:53, Blogger Keziah said...

Hi Jenn, it's funny you say that! I was very stressed and ended up bursting into tears at church one night. A few months later, a friend of mine said that that had actually been weirdly encouraging for her. She had always thought that I just managed everything without problem so it was good for her to see that I didn't sometimes!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    Wisdom of the Wise: James Hudson Taylor
    Command His Children
    Consider Your Ways: Question 20
    A Doctor's Prayer
    Blessed are the Peacemakers
    A Helper Fit for Him
    Consider Your Ways: Question 19
    In Christ Alone
    Every Good Gift and Every Perfect Gift
    Consider Your Ways: Question 18

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random