Friday, August 04, 2006
Consider Your Ways: Question 1

My birthday is soon approaching. As I reflect on the year past and the year to come, I'm going to go through some questions recommended by the Girltalk ladies set by Don Whitney. Perhaps you would like to join me as I prayerfully reflect on his article from The Center for Biblical Spirituality. I offer these thoughts here to make me accountable so that next year, as I return to this, I can give thanks to God for the work he has done in my life and I can see where the house is still in ruins.

What's one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?

I really need to be more disciplined about my Quiet Time. I need to make sure that it is a priority of my day and not just something squished into a few minutes before I run out the door.

When I am reminded of the great strength and power the Bible holds, I become disappointed in myself at the times my devotions are a chore. I have to remember that it is the Evil One telling me not to read, not to pray, and not to meditate on the Word. I must not listen to his lies. I do have enough time. There are other things to be done, but none as important as this. I do need to spend time in the Word. I can't manage on my own. My own strength is not sufficient.

I am always so surprised what a joy and a relief it is to come to the Lord in prayer, so delighted when I read God's word and dive deep into its riches. Through this, I can come to know God better and so glorify and enjoy him forever.

Then the word of the LORD came by the hand of Haggai the prophet, "Is it a time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses, while this house lies in ruins? Now, therefore, thus says the LORD of hosts: Consider your ways."
Haggai 1:3-5

Labels: , ,


  posted at 18:33  
  2 comments





About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    Train the Younger Women
    Wisdom of the Wise: George Meredith
    The Beauty of Philippians: My Joy and Crown
    It is Not Good that the Man should be Alone
    Treat the Younger Women like Sisters
    The Lilies of the Field
    Wisdom of the Wise: Reinhold Niebuhr
    She Rises While it is yet Night
    Wisdom of the Wise: St Francis of Assisi
    The Beauty of Blogging: Teach what is Good

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random