Thursday, August 03, 2006
Train the Younger Women

I wasn't brought up in the church and have no Christian background before becoming a Christian through reading the Bible at the age of 17. Since then, I have learned a lot about God, his Word and about the Christian life, through my Bible, preaching at church and through the patient teaching and guidance of more mature Christians.

As I now approach a stage in my life where the desire for biblical womanhood has been impressed so strong upon my heart and as I prepare, I hope, to become a wife and a mother, it brings into sharp focus yet again how little I know.

God knows this though and has continually provided for me in this. I have been so blessed in the families and older women that he has put into my life to guide me, admonish me, and encourage me through their example, their prayers and their teaching. This has not been done in a formal way but through their friendship and their investment in time and effort in my life.

I wonder though whether this should be made more formal. I was really encouraged to read How Christian Women Can Mentor and Be Mentored by Kelley Mathews when it arrived in my inbox this week. Perhaps I should be more purposeful in how I meet with these more mature women as I actively try to be become a godly woman.

This also gives another challenge to me: I am an older woman too and it is a command given equally to me! Okay, I am just 25 but, to my surprise, there are younger women who come to me with the same desire to mentored and to be guided. In my meetings and friendships with these young women seeking to be women after God's heart, I will try to use this guidance to benefit these girls and to make our time together more fruitful.

I'd be interested to hear how this works for others. Any advice on what to do and what to avoid? Any encouragement from this in your own lives?

Older women...are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
Titus 2:3-5

Labels:


  posted at 13:28  
  3 comments



3 Comments:
At 17 August, 2016 01:37, Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, prada outlet, tory burch outlet, christian louboutin outlet, ugg boots, louboutin pas cher, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, nike outlet, louis vuitton, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren, nike free run, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet online, polo outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, nike roshe, christian louboutin uk, chanel handbags, nike air max, air max, longchamp pas cher, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin shoes, replica watches, jordan shoes, uggs on sale, burberry pas cher, longchamp outlet, jordan pas cher, ugg boots, nike free, kate spade outlet, gucci handbags, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses

 
At 17 August, 2016 01:45, Blogger oakleyses said...

soccer jerseys, mac cosmetics, reebok outlet, vans outlet, valentino shoes, hollister, herve leger, nike air max, lancel, instyler, hollister clothing, north face outlet, nike roshe run, nike air max, ferragamo shoes, hollister, converse outlet, ray ban, jimmy choo outlet, longchamp uk, ralph lauren, iphone cases, bottega veneta, p90x workout, converse, nfl jerseys, gucci, babyliss, chi flat iron, insanity workout, mcm handbags, vans, soccer shoes, new balance shoes, oakley, hermes belt, timberland boots, baseball bats, wedding dresses, louboutin, celine handbags, ghd hair, asics running shoes, abercrombie and fitch, lululemon, nike trainers uk, nike huaraches, mont blanc pens, beats by dre, north face outlet

 
At 27 May, 2021 17:42, Blogger Mai said...


خدمات تلال
شركات تعقيم وتطهير المنازل بابوظبى
شركات تعقيم المنازل ضد الكورونا فى ابو ظبى

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



About Me


Name:
Keziah

Location:
Scotland, United Kingdom

My Complete Profile

Favourite Websites
  • BBC Online
  • Boundless Webzine
  • Christian Medical Fellowship
  • Council on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood
  • Desiring God (John Piper)
  • Elisabeth Elliot
  • Flylady
  • Good Book Company
  • Ligonier Ministries (R C Sproul)
  • London Institute for Contemporary Christianity

  • Archives
    July 2006
    August 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    November 2006
    December 2006
    January 2007
    February 2007
    March 2007
    April 2007
    December 2007

    Labels
  • 101 things in 1001 days
  • accountability
  • bible study
  • biblical manhood
  • biblical womanhood
  • carnival of beauty
  • catechism
  • Christmas
  • consider your ways
  • faith
  • family
  • history
  • homemaking
  • marriage
  • miscellaneous
  • mission
  • news
  • photos
  • prayer
  • quotations
  • reading
  • Scotland
  • scripture memory
  • singleness
  • spiritual disciplines
  • time/money management
  • work
  • year of abundance

  • Previous Posts
    Wisdom of the Wise: George Meredith
    The Beauty of Philippians: My Joy and Crown
    It is Not Good that the Man should be Alone
    Treat the Younger Women like Sisters
    The Lilies of the Field
    Wisdom of the Wise: Reinhold Niebuhr
    She Rises While it is yet Night
    Wisdom of the Wise: St Francis of Assisi
    The Beauty of Blogging: Teach what is Good
    Wisdom of the Wise: St Augustine

    Credits
    Blog Design by:


    Powered by:
    Blogger

    Meter by:

    Verse of the Day

    Blogroll
  • A Deeper Love
  • A Gracious Home
  • Biblical Womanhood
  • Butterflies in the Sky
  • Following an Unknown Path
  • In All Things
  • John Dekker's Journal
  • Just Enjoy the Journey
  • Just My Journal
  • Life in Return
  • Little People
  • New Day
  • Onward and Upward
  • Rocks in my Dryer
  • Satire and Theology
  • Solo Femininity
  • Titus2Talk
  • Twenty Six Cats
  • Une Fille d'Eve

  • I am reading...
  • Biblical Womanhood in the Home
  • ESV Reformation Study Bible
  • Practical Prayer
  • Spiritual Disciplines Handbook
  • Winter Stories (Tove Jansson)

  • I am listening to...
  • Classic FM at the Movies
  • Eyes Open (Snow Patrol)
  • Favourite Things (Connie Fisher)
  • The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid (Bill Bryson)
  • Messiah (Handel)

  • Buttons





    Christian Women Online
    Blog Ring
    Join List Random